A crossover or CUV, is a vehicle built on a car platform and combines features of a sport utility vehicle with features from a passenger vehicle. Using the unibody construction typical of passenger vehicles instead of the body-on-frame platform used in light trucks, the crossover combines SUV design features such as tall interior packaging, high H-point seating, high center of gravity, high ground-clearance or all-wheel-drive capability with design features from a passenger vehicle such as independent rear suspension, car-like handling and superior fuel economy.
- We obsessively covered the L.A. Auto Show
- Nissan Kicks is a terrible Juke replacement
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Mid-engine Chevy Corvette leaked specs
- Nissan brings 7 'Star Wars' cars to L.A.
- Find and compare 2018 models